Wednesday, July 04, 2007

8 Things About Me Meme

I'm back to the blogging drawing board again, as I've been tagged to describe eight random factoids about myself, whether you like it or not. This is the first time I've been included in one of these memes and, appropriately enough, the "you're it" came from the creator of the first blog I ever read and responded to- the ever-prolific Nathaniel from The Film Experience. So, following his lead, here goes:

The way this works, I state the rules first:
1) I list eight bits of my biographical makeup.
2) I tag eight others, and list/link to them at the end of this post.
3) If you're tagged by me and the spirit moves you,
you write eight random facts about yourself on your blog.
3) Finally, you contact eight more people to tag,
and list/link to them at the end of your post.
4) In the end we all die anyway, so feel free to simply ignore the tag if the spirit doesn't move you.

Things you don't need to know about me, but you'll sit there and listen, dammit:

1) At age four, I expertly mimicked Julie Andrews while I was playing the Mary Poppins soundtrack, and my older sister instantly knew “This kid is gay” (it took me another ten years to get it).

2) Not much of a cook, but my blackberry pies are good enough that a coworker once bought one from me for a big dinner she was giving, so there.

3) I went to L.A.’s Museum of Radio and Television last summer solely to watch the footage of Ann-Margret singing “Bachelor in Paradise” at the 1962 Academy Awards, but they didn’t have the show on file (someone please You Tube this!) so, to lessen my disappointment, I watched Rock Hudson and Mae West dueting on “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” during the 1958 Oscarcast. I told you I was gay.

4) I love to bowl, but I can’t break 200 to save my life (195 is my top game).

5) I’ll never get enough of those “What’s My Line?” mystery guests (from the 1950-67 seasons, of course- hurry up with the DVDs, already).

6) After a lackluster academic performance in high school, at 29 I started working my way through college, and I finally graduated (Summa, baby) six years later.

7) In my favorite movie (so far) of 2007, Away From Her, I thought Olympia Dukakis looked about twenty years younger than she did in Moonstruck, twenty years ago.

8) I had to Google-search "meme" to find out what it means. So much for college.

Okay, now the fun part- I'm tagging:
All About My Movies, Cinemania!, The Crowd Roars, The Gilded Moose, Green Briar Picture Shows, Jake Watch, mainlymovies, and Nick's Flick Picks

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for the TAG Vertigo, I love your blog, one of my favorites!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home